36OldsGal

Fabricholic Thrift Store Junkie Crafter of Sorts

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kid's Birthday Gifts

My girlfriend has two adorable young children and they're birthdays both fall close to the May and June holidays.

She threw a wonderful party for the 3 year boy on the Monday Memorial Day holiday, and made the best burgers in the world. Really.

For this cute boy, I made him a set of cowboy jammies. Plain white tee with the cowboy scene appliqued on, and the cutest cowboy pants made out of cowboy flannel. At the last minute, I added a little leather fringe down the last 5 inches of the sides. It sure made a difference in looking like a real cowboy!




Now the cutest daughter is turning 7 on Father's day, and another great BBQ is planned, but we won't be able to attend. We'll have to deliver her presents before her birthday, but I'm sure she won't mind getting them a little early.


This my version of the twirly skirt. I sewed six different floral and paisley fabrics together, and then cut them in 7 inch lengths. The top has one set, the middle has two, and the bottom has three. Elastic in the wasitband as well as some vintage purple floral ribbon to tighten it up and add a little flair.


I just love the way it turned out and I hope she does too.



Rather than putting a hem all around the bottom of this, I took some vintage lace and attached it with a nice zigzag stitch to keep it and any possible fraying in check. So much easier.


We headed out for a much needed vacation. Up to Tennessee to see some friends, and then further up to Kentucky to do the Bourbon Trail, and visit some wineries.
Cheers! Salute! Bottoms up! Mazeltov!

Thanks for listening, Leslie J

No comments:

Post a Comment