36OldsGal

Fabricholic Thrift Store Junkie Crafter of Sorts

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love Vintage Fabric

A few years ago, while searching through a church thrift sale, I met a wonderful old woman that was there selling with her daughter. It was apparent that she was selling her things to thin out and either move in with her daughter or to an assisted living facility. In a plastic bag, she had some old quilt strips that I just fell in love with and had to have. I assured her and promised her that they were going to a good home, and I believe that made her quite happy. She smiled and told me she was looking for just the right person who would appreciate these. I have lived up to that promise. Every time I'm in my sewing room, and come across this package, I must bring it out and feel, touch, caress, and just plain adore this lovely woman's scrappy quilt handiwork. And I always think of her knowing smile and her lovely face and white hair. Here are some pictures of that wonderful old fabric remnants. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do every time I see them. It's always a feast for the eyes.
























Thanks for listening, Leslie J

1 comment:

  1. These really are eye candies!! Not only do I love vintage fabric, I also adore hand-sewn items. They always give me warm feelings when I look at it. I bet the woman who sewed these must be really happy that someone like you found them. So lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete